January 4, 2008 (S&P 1468.36) Bob Brinker said: “In summary, the Marketimer stock market timing model indicates that conditions are favorable for the market as we enter 2008. We expect the S&P 500 Index to achieve new record highs this year and to reach the 1600’s range…….attractive for purchase on any weakness in the S&P 500 Index mid-1400’s range.”
* January 20th -- rescinded mid-1400's (recommended dollar-cost-average only)
* Feb 10, 2008 @ 1331: Low-1300's
* Aug 5, 2008 @ 1285: 1240 or less
* Sept 2, 2008 @ 1282: Low-to-mid 1200's
* September 16th -- rescinded low-to-mid 1200's; dollar-cost-average into market
* September 30th -- Do NOT sell stock
* October 3rd -- recommends dollar cost-average only
* October 4th -- New highs impossible in 2008
Moneytalk, September 30, 2008, Brinker said: "I don't have a recommendation to sell stock right now. And if I did have a recommendation to sell stock right now, you would know about it."
Moneytalk, October 4, 2008, Brinker said: "I think to see new highs in the market this year would be impossible."
The high oil price shelter
Under which he was hiding
Now blown to smithereens
By a big bolt of lightning
"When the bear comes", he said
"I'll see you're sheltered"
Then the bear paid a visit
And they all got plastered