Search Bob Brinker Blogs

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snow in Santa Cruz Mountains

This may get a lot of laughs in many areas of the country, but snow in the Santa Cruz Mountains, especially close to the coast, is very unusual. I have lived here eleven years and it's the first time I've ever seen snow on my deck.

The first two pictures were taken at 7:30am before the cloud bank had backed off so the mountains are not visible.






The second two pictures were taken from my covered patio a few minutes later. No way could I walk on the snow-covered redwood deck and remain upright. :) The sun melted all the snow in about 2 hours.

When you enlarge the last picture, there is an astonishing thing in it that I did not know was there when I took the picture. I have a hummingbird feeder hanging under the patio and the camera caught one of the gorgeous little darlings waiting in the tree for me to move - or, it looks like he might have been in flight.

Top Rated Newsletter


Timer Digest Features
Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter
on its Cover

Cick to read the full page article!