Search Bob Brinker Blogs

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bob Brinker's Market Timing Advice Part Two

Stevied sent the following reply to my previous article. At his request, I will not publish all of what he sent (even though I don't agree with him that it was a copyright violation), but here is what he said without the link he didn't want posted:
.

"This is a copyright violation, so don't post this. I would advise you to re-listen to Bob's opening monologue from Saturday. You can find it right now in the free and clear at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
.

(btw just change the date in the URL to find programs back several months, and future programs have the same format).
.

I can also forward copies of Marketimer PDFs to you desire.
.

This "Bob's wrong, Kirk's right" stuff gets pretty boring. But your quotes from Bob are helpful to true fans of his investment style."
.

Honeybee says:
.

Stevied, Since I quoted some verbatim excerpts from Brinker's opening monologue on Saturday, do you think that I didn't listen to it? Please be specific about what you think I either missed or what I wrote that was not correct.
.
(And please do not send me anything to do with Marketimer!!)
.
I did not make any comparisons between Kirk and Brinker in the previous article. For you to accuse me of doing that is not fair.
.
Kirk does not sell himself as a market-timer, so it would be difficult to make a comparison. The only comparisons I have ever made is between BrinkerJr's Fixed Income Advisor and Kirk Lindstrom/David Korn/ HenryTo's Retirement Advisor. They are both primarily geared toward fixed income investing. However, Kirk's Retirement Advisor is MUCH MORE than that! Have you sent for a free sample? I'm betting you would be very impressed with it.
.
Now that you have brought up the subject (I DIDN'T!), there really is no comparison between Kirk's Investment Newsletter and what is offered in Marketimers. As opposed to Marketimer, Kirk uses an entirely different approach -- and he offers an astonishing wealth of information about his portfolio and his stock recommendations.
.
Here is a quote from Kirk's newsletter:
.
"I believe we can beat the markets by keeping a fairly constant allocation to stocks and then taking profits when they are high and buying the highest quality growth stocks when they are cheap. Over time, I add to positions in dividend paying stocks as well as grow my cash balance. This has worked well for me in personal investing and over eight years of writing this newsletter where I have managed to grow my Newsletter Explore portfolio..............."



.

Top Rated Newsletter


Timer Digest Features
Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter
on its Cover

Cick to read the full page article!